Providing Entertainment at Ontario Beach Park, Rochester, New York
The Ontario Beach Park Program Committee is an all volunteer group that provides free family entertainment at Ontario Beach Park, Rochester, New York. They have been in existence since 1984. The committee sponsors The Spring and Fall Big Band Dance Series, Wegmans Concerts by the Shore, Annual Lakeside Winter Festival, Kite Flight and Romancing the River.
BIG BAND DANCES
BIG BAND DANCES at the Roger Robach Community Center, 2nd floor. Handicap accessible. We have a series of Spring & Fall Entertainment. The Spring session is from April thru May. The Fall session is from September thru October. $2.00 admission.
Each night starts out with the Al Bruno Trio and plays from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM. Starting at 7:15 PM one of the Big Bands will play.
The Spring & Fall Schedule for 2019 will be posted as soon as all the bands are contracted and it will be posted on this site.
CHILLY CHILI CHALLENGE
SIGN UP TO ENTER THE CHALLENGE
CLICK ON THE 2019 CHILI APPLICATION BELOW:
2019 FEBRUARY EVENTS
34th Annual Lakeside Winter Celebration
Saturday, February 9, 2019 and Sunday, February 10, 2019
The celebration will feature activities from noon to 5:00 p.m., with Fire Works at 5:30 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 9, 2019. All events will be held at the Port of Rochester Terminal Building and adjacent Ontario Beach Park. Sunday, Feb. 10, 2019 will be the Rochester Polar Bear Plunge at NOON.
Saturday, February 9, 2019
Lakeside Winter Celebration
William Johnson, Jr. Terminal Building at the Port of Rochester
- Open from noon to 5:00 p.m.
- Gigantic Fireworks Display at 5:45 p.m.
- Lake Ontario Wine and Craft Beer Festival, noon – 5:00 p.m.
- Chilly Chili Challenge, noon – 4:00 p.m. Contact the OBPPC to fine out how to participate
- Tractor-drawn carriage rides
- Dog sled demonstrations
- Outdoor children’s games with Rec on the Move and inflatables
- Ice sculpture demonstrations
- Snow sculpture contest, theme, “FAMOUS BUILDINGS”
- Winter hike: Port of Rochester Terminal Building, History of Ontario Beach Park, 1:00 p.m.
- The Lighthouse Volunteers will have a table selling lighthouse goods from our Gift Shop.
- Local Business Specials
- Sip and Shop, noon – 5:00 p.m. in the Jetty at the Port. For more information check oput @Rocmadegoods on Instagram
- Also learn about the History of the Charlotte-Genesee Lighthouse & the area around us.
- Charlotte Community Association (CCA) selling Bagels, water & Coffe
- Entertainment by the Neil Van Dorn Band from noon – 5:30 p.m.
Sunday, February 10, 2019
Rochester Polar Plunge
REGISTRATION 9:00AM TO 11:30AM
PLUNGE AT 12:00PM
WHERE: Lake Ontario at Ontario Beach Park Rochester, NY
The Rochester Polar Plunge will be this day.
More information and pre-register: www.polarplunge.net or call (585)586-7400 ext. 109.
More than 1,000 winter enthusiasts are expected to dive into the icy waters of Lake Ontario to benefit the Special Olympics. Free off-site parking and shuttle service is available for all plungers and spectators at Greece Arcadia High School parking lot, 120 Island Cottage Rd. from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Participants and spectators are strongly urged to take advantage of this transportation options as parking at the Port is limited.
These events are organized by the all-volunteer Ontario Beach Park Program Committee and sponsored by the City of Rochester and Monroe County.